Monday, March 17, 2014

A new adventure

As long as I can remember I have wanted to help people.  Whether it was volunteering with a local agency, local event, or just listening to the story of others.  As much as I wanted to to help others, I also noticed since I was young that people confided stories and secrets in me.  I was always amazed at how strongly people trusted me.


I wondered what it was that drew people towards me, maybe I had a sign on my head that said "tell secrets here".  Once I started my graduate school education however, I understood what it was.  Empathy.  As much as we are told not to judge, inherently people judge each other, and what they take away from my initial scan is that I am an empathic person.

As this is my nature, I have always had a desire to help others and to volunteer abroad.  When a professor spoke about an opportunity to volunteer with an organization, I jumped at the chance.  And before I knew it I was accepted to be a 2014 volunteer with an organization called Hope Shines. (click for link)



I am more than honored, blessed and excited to be a part of an organization that is making amazing impacts on the lives of these children, and I can't wait to share this journey with you!


You can read more and donate to my trip by clicking here!

No comments:

Post a Comment