Thursday, December 25, 2014

Routine

For me as a young adult, I find falling into routine to be one of the hardest things to do.  Whether that routine is blogging everyday, an exercise routine, or bringing lunch to work everyday I never seem to accomplish this everyday. 

Routine is defined as a sequence of actions regularly followed; a fixed program. And to be honest that sounds completely boring.  I am not sure if I have to give credit to the fact that I am a Millennial, or whether it is just something inside of me that rebels against routine.  The thought of doing the same thing day after day is daunting, ironically it's the best way to get things done properly.  Blogging everyday is the best way for me to document my life, an exercise routine is the best way to get your body in shape, and bringing lunch to work everyday is the best way to budget my money.  I find that I want all of these outcomes, but despise the process. 

So I have decided to enjoy the process more and worry about the outcome less.  I have decided that to achieve any goal, I need to like the things that I am doing everyday, week, or month.    

My first step is engaging in an activity that I enjoy, and so I picked up yoga. 



So far I have been extremely successful, however I am only 15 days in.  Lets see how long this lasts! 

Tell Me:  What is the best way you know how to stick to a routine? 

No comments:

Post a Comment